I am a complete sucker for a crunchy, salty snacks. I love the salty hit you get from potato chips and as delicious as they are, sadly… they’re just not that good for you. Why do delicious things have to be unhealthy? Enter these fabulous golden roasted and salted nuts to save the day.
In an effort to keep fulfilling that crunchy and salty craving I went looking for an alternative. Now I know what you’re thinking, but trust me, this is one alternative that is just as delicious as the original! Plus, you get to use coconut oil which is chock full of all kinds of good-for-you things, so these are practically good for you! I also like to use different kinds of salt such as Himalayan and celtic sea salt to up the goodness factor with all those extra minerals and a little kick of chilli just makes everything wonderful.
Now be warned, these deliciously crunchy morsels of goodness are completely addictive. I often find myself making a batch in the morning, only to find the jar empty again in the afternoon after everyone has grabbed a handful, or six…
This recipe is completely flexible, use whatever nuts you like and have on hand. I usually put peanuts in because I love them, but if you use something else instead this recipe is suitable for paleo. You could even add some pumpkin or sunflower seeds into the mix.
Just don’t say I didn’t warn you about how addictive they are…
- 3 cups of mixed nuts (see notes)
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp of ground chili
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F
- Put nuts and coconut oil into a bowl and mix until the nuts are well coated in oil
- Sprinkle the salt over and mix ensuring the nuts are coated evenly
- Spread the nuts evenly on a tray and bake in the oven for 15mins
- Check the nuts after 15mins, you want them to be an even golden brown, if they're still a bit pale pop them back to the oven for a few more minutes but be careful not to burn them!